Mini Spinner Cowl Black
£137.00 Ex VAT (£164.40 Inc VAT)
9 in stock
The Mini Spinner cowl is made to the same high standards as the original M.A.D Spinner cowl, both in specification and design. The only difference is the size – making it more suitable for smaller flue pipes and/or ventilation pipes used at landfill sites.
The Mini Spinner cowl:
- Stainless steel construction with a die cast aluminium base
- Fits flue sizes 80mm – 180mm
- Withstands flue temperatures up to 200ºC
- Backed up by the money back guarantee
- Sold fully assembled and ready to fit
- Sold complete with a stainless steel strap fixing kit
- Has a test certificate to BSEN 1856-1:2009
- Highly effective in preventing downdraught and increasing ventilation
- Suitable for use with seasoned wood, normal coal, gas
- Withstands wind speeds up to 65mph
- Bearings immersed in an oil bath to provide superior lubrication
IMPORTANT – Spinning cowls are not suitable for use with peat, smokeless fuel, or feshly cut unseasoned wood. Any guarantees are void in conjunction with these fuels.
Explained further – It is our opinion that no spinning/revolving chimney cowl is suitable for use with peat or smokeless fuel without increased levels of annual maintenance, that is why we do not offer a guarantee when these fuels are used. Mentioned within our product bulletin above gives customers an insight into the vast knowledge we possess in the field of metal engineering. Be assured we know the limits of the materials used within this product type; It is our expressed opinion that no spinning/rotating chimney cowl can cope with such acidity levels on a prolonged basis, without failing. If it is your desire to use the spinning cowl with smokeless fuel, all we ask is to be prepared to carry out maintenance at shorter intervals. That said, being the only manufacturer who can produce a die cast spinning cowl here in the UK, allows us to offer all the spare parts required to ensure an extended life for your M.A.D spinning cowl.
When used with seasoned wood, coal or oil your spinning/revolving chimney cowl will need to removed each year and cleaned. We feel that other brands that do not mention this are misleading customers into thinking that the model they offer will not need this maintenance. All spinning cowls unless used with gas will inevitably suffer debris build up, this debris will need to be removed to ensure the product keeps spinning.
For areas with consistently high wind speeds a M.A.D. static anti down draught cowl will be more appropriate as spinner cowls can deteriorate in consistently strong windy conditions.